From the recording RIPE
The song says it all. Trying to balance dreams with reality.
Tall Ships; Short Lives
1. She couldn't live a life as a farmer's wife, no, she couldn't scrimp and save. She wanted to live on an old tall ship and sail across the waves.
2. He couldn't work that nine to five, no, he couldn't be a slave. He wanted to live on an old tall ship and sail across the waves.
(Chorus): Take a chance, make a change, do a dance into the strange and bring alive your dreams. Leave behind troubled times, open up your hearts and minds, life's shorter than it seems.
3. They both were stuck in a common rut, doin' what they thought was right. 'Til they met each other upon the shore among the stars and waves at night.
4. A timid woman and a timid man, both afraid of change, 'til they opened up their hearts like sails and brought alive love's flame.
5. They couldn't hide their love inside and repress their happiness.So they went to live on an old tall ship and sail among the blessed.
6. Two people once stuck in the common rut doin' what they were told was right, 'til they opened up their hearts like sails among the stars and waves at night.